Tuesday, April 5, 2011

5 Great Songs That Feature Whistling

I have to admit something: I can't whistle. I'm 30 years old and have never been able to whistle a day in my life. I think that's why I have this weird obsession with songs that feature whistling. Not only does whistling make the song sound cool, but it also gives it a human touch.


Whistling doesn't come from a cheesy auto tune application you can purchase online, or a synthesizer you can plug into a speaker. It comes out of an actual human being, and that is why I give credit to these artists who incorporate whistling into their songs.

1. Peter, Bjorn & John - "Young Folks"

No other song comes close to featuring this much epic whistling.



2. Paul Simon - "Me and Julio Down by the School Yard"

I LOVE this song, especially because it was featured in The Royal Tenenbaums movie soundtrack.


3. Andrew Bird - "A Nervous Tic Motion of the Head to the Left"

I saw Andrew live in concert at Sonar in Baltimore, and he was every bit as impressive as this live Bonnaroo show.



4. The Mamas & The Papas - "Dream a Little Dream of Me"

Not to be confused with the 1989 teen flick featuring Corey Haim and Corey Feldman.



5 . Otis Redding - "(Sittin' On) the Dock of the Bay"

Despite being recorded in 1967, this is still a timeless classic.

No comments:

Post a Comment